Crossing over to Lough Derg – a place apart – brings one to a sacred space where everyone is welcomed just as they are.
What you need to know as you plan your One Day Retreat
- Boats are available from 9.15am. The crossing is less than 10 minutes from the lakeshore.
- On arrival on the Island, tea/coffee and scones are served.
- One ay Retreats commence at 10.20am when everyone gathers in St Patrick’s Basilica.
- The Retreat follows a set programme of prayer and reflection. The sacrament of Reconciliation is included but optional. The day concludes with the celebration of Mass in St Patrick’s Basilica.
- A light lunch is served: soup, sandwiches, tea & coffee.
- It is advisable to wear warm and waterproof clothing as the weather can be changeable (pilgrims keep footwear on)
- Boats return from the Island to the lakeshore from 4.00pm.
- Organised Groups come by coach. There is a number of Pilgrimage Organisers across the Island of Ireland who organise travel to Lough Derg. To find out more please contact us and we can help put you in touch with your nearest Pilgrimage Organiser.