Visitor Groups and Tours of Lough Derg
Are you visiting the locality but don't have time to stop for a 3-day pilgrimage, why not consider organising a boat trip or a guided tour of our visitor centre and become part of the Lough Derg story.
Conferences Private Retreats Private Meetings Corporate Events
- Despite being over 1500 years old, Lough Derg boasts a range of modern conference facilities. With breathtaking views, Davog House, provides ideal state-of-the-art facilities to accommodate your group whether it is for 20 or 200 - ideal for private meetings, corporate breaks or conferences
Self Guided Tour of Visitor Centre/DVD
- If your group has limited time, why not allow them to take a browse around the Visitor Centre or spend some reflective time in St Brigid's Chapel, both situated on the lakeshore, and watch an exciting account of Lough Derg on DVD (multi-lingual).
Tour of Visitor Centre/DVD/Guided Tour of Lake (available during Season)
Tour of Island/DVD (available outside traditional pilgrimage season)
- The tour can be extended to include a boat trup and guided tour of this ancient place of pilgrimage.
Guided Tour of Island/Mass
- What is known of the early history of Lough Derg comes mainly from the 12th century. It appears that while Patrick was in the area he became aware of a cave in which he spent time and had a vision of the afterlife. It was this vision that gave the Island its name Purgatorium Sancti Patricii. Step in the footsteps of your ancestors by exploring Ireland's most ancient place of pilgrimage - a guide will give you an insight to this unique Island's rich history and its connection to our Celtic and Christian heritage. Mass can also be celebrated with the group's own priest in either the Basilica, St. Mary's Chapel or in the small lakeshore Chapel, St. Brigid's.
Refreshments or Full Catering Available
- While Lough Derg is associated with pilgrim's fasting, catering is available for groups. Outside the traditional three day pilgrimage season, visitors can enjoy anything from a cup of tea/coffee and freshly baked scones to a 3 Course Meal. During the peak season visiting groups can request to have light refreshments served in the pilgrim shelter at the lake shore.
Please click here to download the 2013 Price Guide for Group Tours
For further information on each of these options please contact us.